A new way to record, track and monitor homework at Ridgeway Academy.
We are excited to be launching Show My Homework, an online tool to help you keep track of your child’s homework. Show My Homework will allow you to see the details of the tasks your child has been set, as well as their submission status and grades.
You will be provided with login details to your personal account, ready-linked to your child’s homework calendar. These logins will be sent out after launching but don’t worry you will still be able to view all homework.
To view all homework set without login details please visit http://ridgewayacademy.showmyhomework.co.uk. You will also be able to login by following this link and clicking the top right ‘Login’ button.
- 24/7 access
- View quality and quantity of homework
- Translation into over 50 languages
- Free apps available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices
- Receive automated notifications before homework is due
We’ll be launching Show My Homework on the 25th April 2017 and we hope that this service will provide parents with a deeper insight into the homework your child receives. More importantly, we hope that it will improve your child’s organisation, time-management and help them to keep on top of their workload.
If you or your child have any questions about the service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at Show My Homework, who are always happy to help. Just email email@example.com or call 0207 197 9550.
If you’d like to get in touch with the school or provide feedback, please do so through the usual channels.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College believes that:
– Homework reinforces and further develops students’ learning and enables them to make connections between lessons.
– Homework develops the skills, confidence and motivation needed to succeed as an independent learner and to prepare for summative assessments.
Whole school procedures
In accordance with the KS3 and KS4 homework timetables and KS5 independent study guidance, all teachers will set relevant homework.
– Students will be expected to record all homework and deadlines in their planners.
– Completion of homework will be checked, marked and feedback given as appropriate.
– Curriculum Leaders supported by Pastoral leaders are responsible for monitoring homework in accordance with whole school procedures.
– Homework may take a variety of formats from short tasks to longer, extended work and may address a variety of learning skills.
Students can typically expect the following amount of homework
Year 7 – 30 minutes – 1 hour per night
Year 8 & 9 – 1 hour – 1½ hours per night
Year 10 & 11 – 1½ hours – 2 hours per night
Year 12 & 13 – 3 hours+ per night
Consequences for non-completion of homework
H1 Logged on SIMS. First warning.
H2 Logged on SIMS. Detention given within department.
H3 Logged on SIMS. Student issued with a Faculty After School Detention
NB. A student receiving multiple H2’s or H3’s will be placed on progress report. If this is within one faculty it will be a faculty report, if across a number of subject areas this could be a mentor report or pastoral report.
Show My Homework
Show My Homework is an easy to use, online homework calendar for schools. Teachers set homework; this appears on the homework calendar with all the relevant details such as deadlines and resources. Students and parents can access this at any time via the web or their mobile phone, making homework accessible and transparent for everyone.
For further information on Show My Homework, please click here»
To log on to Show My Homework, please click here»
Please click here to view homework timetables: