Statistical Applications - HCS 438
Examples of papers and presentations for HCS 438 in APA format. Review these examples in their entirety, get great ideas, find more references, save tons of time and get better grades today.
Click Below for Examples
Answers to Quizzes
Analysis of Research Reports for HCS 438 - Paper to include:
- What statistical tests are mentioned in the study?
- What conclusions did the study reach? Are the conclusions appropriate? Why or why not?
- Are the findings statistically significant? Why or why not?
- Describe the process you used to make this determination and provide the level of significance.
Measures of central tendency, variability, and standard normal distribution are fundamental tools from which to accurately describe a wide range of events and situations within your organization. This ability to articulate conditions accurately provides you and your organization with opportunities to determine what is working or not working and, when changes are made, whether those changes are effective.
Visual Data Displays Project for HCS 438 - This is a group Power Point presentation. You will have to pick a study and answer the following questions in the form of a Power Point.
- What are measures of central tendency?
- How were measures of central tendency used in the study?
- Did the study use the most appropriate measure of central tendency for the given data? Why or why not?
- How were measures of variation used in the study? What conclusions can you draw based on the variation?
- Compare the measurements in the study with the standard normal distribution, what does this tell you about the data?
- Based on your review of the statistics in the study, do you agree with the study’s conclusions? Why or why not?
Statistical hypothesis testing, statistical significance, and Type I and Type II errors are central to a professional understanding of research and the implementation of research in a medical setting. The ability to evaluate these constructs allows you to accurately incorporate research processes and findings in your professional setting, and effectively describe risks and benefits to patients.
Sample Charts or Graphs Assignment for HCS 438 - for Statistical Applications. In this assignment, you have to choose an article with a chart or graph and answer the following questions:
- Identify the type of chart or graph and what this type of chart or graph usually depicts. Pie charts, for example, show portion of the whole and line charts show trends over time
- Was this the best way to display the data? What other types of graphs could have been used?
- Is the scope and scale of the graph appropriate? Why or why not?
- Does the chart or graph support the findings in the article? Why or why not?
Statistical tests allow researchers to determine significant relationships, associations, and differences based on data analysis, so choosing the right analysis is crucial. Inherent to this choice is a solid understanding of which type of statistical test is best suited to the question and the data to be addressed.
Uses of Statistical Information for HCS 438 Statistical Applications:
- How are statistics used in your workplace?
- What is one example of descriptive statistics used in your workplace?
- What is one example of inferential statistics used in your workplace?
- How is data at each of the four levels of measurement used in your workplace? If your workplace does not use all four levels, describe how such data could be used.
- What are the advantages of accurate interpretation of statistical information to improve decision making in your organization?
Statistical analysis is a reality in health care. Data-based decision making and evidence-based practices are the newest forms of accountability that ensure patients receive high-quality services. As you consider your health care career, take advantage of opportunities that offer you an active role in research and evidence-based initiatives.
Analysis of Data Reports for HCS 438 Power Point Team Presentation- Pick 2 Studies that are related and give the following information about the data. This was one of the hardest Team Projects to do!
- Are the procedures used parametric or nonparametric? Why? (In both study 1 & 2)
- What types of statistical tests were used? What do the results of these tests tell you about the data? (In both study 1 & 2)
- Were hypothesis testing errors present? (In both study 1 & 2)
- What are the consequences for the studies if a Type I or a Type II error was made? (In both study 1 & 2)
- Are there additional studies in the same field that corroborate the results of the selected studies?
Return to Research Paper Example Home from HCS 438
Провода от принтера лежали. Должно быть, я оставила беретту на диване, - подумала. Кровь, вытекающая из головы, в голубоватом свечении казалась черной. На полу возле тела Хейла лежал листок бумаги. Сьюзан наклонилась и подняла .