Junior Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Junior Graphic Designers are entry-level employees or interns who complete graphic design duties with close surveillance and mentorship from senior staff. Typical work activities of a Junior Graphic Designer are assisting to client meetings, working on briefs agreed by clients, choosing appropriate media and style, discussing business objectives, producing new ideas and concepts, presenting finalized concepts to supervisors, making rough sketches, collaborating with copywriters and other professionals, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
Employers select cover letters displaying the following job skills and abilities:
- Training and experience in graphic design
- Artistic talent and creativity
- Drawing skills
- Knowledge of relevant software
- A good understanding of client requirements
- A willingness to learn new things
- Being open to constructive criticism
- Time management
- Work prioritization
Similar skills and experience can be seen in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Graphic Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wiley:
A strong technical skill set, a robust work ethic, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. With a recently obtained degree in Graphic Design coupled with my hands-on experience in graphic communications, I am positioned to make a significant impact within your organization as your next Junior Graphic Designer.
My background includes solid internship experience producing marketing and promotional collateral, designing page layouts, producing and updating websites, and performing photo image modifications. With proficiency in a broad range of design software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and management teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Akisa Design in this role.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Contributing to the evolution and success of diverse design projects, such as poster and brochure layout, website updates, photo editing, and logo creation; altering and/or converting graphic elements into correct formats for each project.
- Researching, assisting, and presenting new ideas for a variety of creative marketing campaigns.
- Communicating consistently with clients, discussing their specific design goals, presenting unique visual solutions, and modifying as necessary until achievement of full client approval and consensus.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts Graphic Design from St. Louis University in 2016.
- Demonstrating proficiency in all Adobe programs and the comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite.
With my capability of tackling and completing challenging graphic design projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Stephanie H. Alley
Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Graphic Designers convey messages or ideas through various types of designs using visual media. Graphic Designers are sought after for their ability to tell a story through images in order to promote products, activities, ideas, or communication.
The cover letter is an important part of the interview process, as it will be the first method of communication by which a Graphic Designer can communicate with the company and its hiring team. Graphic Designers also have a unique advantage in that they can show off their talent right from the beginning in the way they design their cover letters.
Graphic Designer job descriptions will include skills such as:
- Using HTML coding for e-mail invitations and announcements
- Strong creativity and mastery of a variety of graphic design software
- Experience producing brochures, advertisements, and newsletters
For more information on what it takes to be a Graphic Designer, check out our more complete Graphic Designer Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Graphic Designer Resume Samples.
See below for two sample cover letters for a Graphic Designer position.
Example 1: Graphic Designer
Dear Ms. Veronica Stone:
Having elevated the performance and profitability of diverse organizations through expert alignment of innovative Interactive Graphic Design & marketing strategies, I am writing to offer your company 10 years of experience in creative development/leadership of promotional campaigns.
Currently a Freelance Graphic Design professional, I offer a proven ability to conduct creative analysis and design best-fit solutions for multi-faceted campaigns including interactive media, web design, digital photo manipulation and web development. I’ve assisted clients from all backgrounds and industries to design and implement thoughtful and impactful Branding tools to help grow their business.
I am adept at listening to client’s needs, then analyzing and implementing the best designed solution. Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.
Example 2: Senior Graphic Designer
Dear Mr. Jason Butler:
I am an innovative and accomplished Senior Multimedia (Graphic & Web) Design professional with experience providing comprehensive coordination of all product development activities from research to market. With a technically strong background in web development, marketing strategy, and graphic design, I offer more than 10 years of expertise and visible leadership.
I have the ability to determine and correct overall website cohesiveness, functionality, and appearance of elements such as navigation tools, page layouts, images, Flash, and form elements in order to increase user experience and drive overall revenues. In addition, I offer innovative and creative design experience. I am now looking for an opportunity to join your team as a Senior Graphic Designer.
Examples of key achievements include:
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by creating an easy-to-use, highly intuitive web site based on user specifications.
- Increased client’s overall business presence, designed various components for rich media websites such as user interfaces, navigation systems, buttons, and video content.
- Executed innovative design ideas for magazine or brochure layouts and print media.
- Optimized company’s marketing collateral with a new modern design, resulting in increased business volume.
- Strong background in developing and executing branding materials for print, online, and marketing materials.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your call.