BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAMME
Term-End Examination 2017
ELECTIVE COURSE: COMMERCE ECO-14: ACCOUNTANCY-II
Time: 2 hours Maximum Marks: 50
Note: Attempt any four questions including question no. 1 which is compulsory.
You have to attempt total four questions out of total seven questions in which 1st question is theoretical and compulsory. From rest 6 questions you have to attempt only 3 question in which you can select cash flow and funds flow theory section, ratio analysis practical section and partnership practical section from which 2 questions are certain. For the last one, you can select issue of shares and debentures section.
Chapter wise selected questions:
Departmental accounts: MUST STUDY
1. What is departmental accounting? Mention its uses. Explain the basis of allocation of various expenses amongst various departments.
2. How Inter-departmental transfer is treated in departmental accounts? Explain the treatment of unrealized profit in departmental account.
3. Distinguish between departmental and branch accounting.
Branch account: MUST STUDY
1. What is Branch accounting? What are its objectives? Distinguish between department and branch accounting.
2. Explain three methods of preparation of accounts of dependent branch.
3. Explain the treatment of fixed assets and depreciation when accounts are maintained by head office.
4. How branch accounts are incorporated in head office books?
Cash flow and funds flow: MUST STUDY
1. What is cash flow? What are its uses?
2. What is funds flow (Statement of changes in working capital)? Distinguish between cash flow and funds flow.
3. What are various sources and applications of funds?
1. What is goodwill? Mention various factors affecting goodwill. Explain three methods for valuation of goodwill.
2. Explain the treatment of goodwill at the time of admission of a partner. VVI
3. What is Joint life policy? Explain two methods of treatment of joint life policy in partnership accounts.
4. What is dissolution of firms? Distinguish between dissolution of partnership and dissolution of firms. What are the various ground on which a firm can be dissolved.
5. What is fixed capital and fluctuating capital? Distinguish between them. Give a Proforma of such capitals. VVI
6. State the legal provisions for settlement of accounts of a partnership firm after dissolution.
7. Explain the rights and duties of partners in case of dissolution of firms.
Issue of Shares and Debentures: Preferred chapter
1. Explain the various provisions relating to issue of shares at a discount and issue of shares at a premium. VVI
2. What are financial statements? What are its features and limitations? VVI
3. Explain the sinking fund method of redemption of debentures.
4. Explain the treatment of issue of debentures as a collateral security.
5. What are various methods for redemption of debentures?
6. Explain the procedure and accounting treatment of forfeiture of shares.
7. Pass the necessary journal entries for issue and redemption of debentures at a premium, discount and at par.
Hire Purchase and installment purchase system:
1. What is hire purchase system? Distinguish between hire purchase and installment purchase system.
2. Define hire purchase agreement and state the legal position of a hire vendor in case of default in payment by the hire purchaser.
3. Explain HP Trading system and Stock and debtors system of preparation of accounts in case of hire purchase.
Cash flow, funds flow and Ratio analysis:
1. Learn how to calculate: Current Ratio, Liquid ratio, Net Profit ratio, gross profit ratio, debt equity ratio, proprietary ratio. (Follow my solved question papers)
2. Learn how to calculate funds from operations
Partnership accounts: (One practical is almost sure from this section) – Must Study – Follow my solved question papers
1. Preparation of balance sheet in case of admission of a partner
2. Preparation of balance in case of retirement of a partner
3. Dissolution of partnership firms accounts.
Hire purchase account: (Most difficult practical section avoid)
1. Calculation of cash price and preparation of accounts
2. Preparation of Vendee account and machinery account in case of repossession of assets.
3. Preparation of HP Trading Account
4. Preparation of various accounts under stock and debtors system of hire purchase account
Branch account: (Simple section, follow my solved question papers and your study material – one question expected)
1. Preparation of Branch account
2. Preparation of various accounts under stock and debtors system
Issue of shares and debentures: (One question is almost sure, follow my solved question papers and your study material – one question expected)
1. Journal entries for issue of shares together with forfeiture of shares
2. Issue of debentures with redemption option3. Issue of shares and debentures for consideration other than cash
IGNOU ECO 14 Solved Assignment 2017-18, IGNOU B.Com Solved Assignments:
The students who are pursuing B.Com programme from Indira Gandhi National Open University have to submit the IGNOU ECO 12 Solved assignment 2017-18 (Accountancy-II) for the current year. The ECO-12 is an Elective Course in Commerce. If they are unable to solve the assignment questions, they can contact us via email id or WhatsApp or phone. We will provide them with the proper solution of the assignment questions.
We have mentioned below the Programme name, Course Detail and the availability of solved assignment:
- Year/ Session: 2017-18
- Programme Name: Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP), B.Com
- Course Code: ECO-12
- Course Name:Accountancy-II
- Medium: English
- Availability: Available
We try our best to provide the students with the IGNOU ECO 12 solved assignment as cheap as possible. Whatever price we are charging is just the service charge which is required to maintain our website. Please do not hesitate to contact us as we are here to help you only.
How to Order IGNOU ECO-12 Solved Assignment?
To place an order for IGNOU solved assignment of ECO-12 course, the students can visit our another website www.zigmakart.com and directly place the order Or they can send us an email at email@example.com. We will try to reply you back as soon as possible.
Our representative will describe complete process of placing the order in the email reply. So, do not worry about how to order the assignment. Just drop and email and we will take care of the rest. For the quick response, you can also contact us on WhatsApp and via phone.
We provide the assignment solution in the form of Soft Copy as well as Hard Copy (Printed). It all depends on the student how he/she needs it. If the student requires the IGNOU ECO 12 solved assignment quickly, then we will recommend him to order the soft copy of assignments. We will send them the assignment answers in the form of PDF files on their email id.
If you request for printed solved assignment, it may take us 4-5 days to provide the assignment at your provided address via courier or VPP.
Subscribe to us for more information about IGNOU Assignment solutions.